Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Maxi Skirts and Dresses

I haven't posted for a good few days... whoops! I literally have nothing to talk about at all. The weekend wasn't very eventful; I stayed at home and did revision whilst my family was out.

But, it's Tuesday! The day where I go on an adventure into the land that is Pinterest and find current fashion trends that I like.

This week, it's maxi power! They're drape and lightness makes them look so elegant and who doesn't want a skirt that flows as freely as a maxi? I like twirling around in skirts like that. You feel so light and carefree. Also, because they go all the way to the ground, you don't have to worry about anyone seeing your knickers...

27 Maxi Dresses and Maxi Skirt The Best Street Style Choice For This Summer

20 Awesome Outfits With Denim Shirts - never underestimate the usefulness of a denim shirt

37  Maxi Dresses and Maxi Skirt- 2013 Hot Fashion Trend

Minkpink Leo Print Maxi Dress by Cara Loren

Maxis are really bright and make a big statement. The intensity of the colours do vary and you can pretty much wear them with anything. The best thing to wear with them would be a figure hugging top. Maxi skirts are shapeless so it's best to flaunt what you can to balance with what it takes away from your body.

Also, within the pictures that appeared on my home page, I saw this dress screaming at me.

Marchesa ● Fall 2014, Embroidered Bodice Gown
It's a formal gown with an intricately embroidered top. The skirt on it is also a maxi skirt so I thought it would be a nice addition to this week's collection as well.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful x

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I don't own a maxi skirt. I have to go shopping for one. I have to get up to date on the latest trends. Haha. Great post! x

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Do it! I know you want to!